Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Salmon of Doubt

.
To a Douglas Adams fan, there is a book out that one simply must have. It's titled 'The Salmon of Doubt', and is a compilation of material found on the late authors beloved Mac computer. Built up from stray notes, stories, and thoughts Adams recorded over some years, the work also contains the beginnings of what was to be Adams next book.

I was lucky enough to find 'The Salmon of Doubt' in audio version on a discount rack at Barnes and Noble. It's performed by Simon Jones, the same man who's voice made the audio version of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy such a joy to listen to.

I'm listening to the newest (and last) Adams books through headphones and my laptop, while laying back in my recliner with a small glass of chilled bourbon by my side. This, my friends, is a fine way to relax after a hard day. I highly recommend it.

No comments: