Sunday, August 16, 2009

PA RenFaire.....

.

Today I walked the faire.... and it was wonderful. While the weather was hot, and the sun blistering, the day was good in every other way.

I have uploaded a slide show of photo's from the day, but beware. It's over 60 images long.....

Perhaps if it came with a sip of the Honey Mead I brought home with me..... six bottles of it (happy dance). The Renaissance Faire is held on the grounds of Mount Hope Winery, and in this state Sunday sales are permitted at the winery. I don't know why that little break in our weird PA laws, but I'm not arguing. After twenty minutes of free wine tasting, I settled on half a case of Honey Mead, and a few bottles of a sweet rose Catawba they make as well.


The Faire... is a great way to spend the day. Interesting people take the wraps off on Faire days, and act out their fantasies, at least those that can be done in public. My friend took advantage, and great joy in this, by introducing me to various women she knows. I suspect she was just trying to see how badly she could make me turn red, before the sun did it's work on my unprotected skin.


Craftsman ply their trade... blacksmith and glassblower, jeweler and artist. Musicians stroll, and groups play different venues, so people wandering the Faire may never see all of them in a day. Each corner has a new sight, new sounds, and wonderful smells.

After the wine tasting spree, I staggered over to an interesting stand for a roast chicken sandwich, along with some fried root veggies. Good fare, and the cool refuge of my friends shop made for a pleasant lunch.

1 comment:

J said...

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to go to it for many years, and have never done it. I think I'll have to make a point of it for next year. It would be great to go in all the garb!